Fraud and Revenue Assurance Solutions (telecoms)
Location: Tralee, County Kerry, Ireland
XINTEC, a software company based in Tralee, is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and creative graduate to join our team. We offer a fun and challenging environment and a chance to work with a varied suite of technologies. The suitable candidate will strengthen our small, but energetic team to expand our product offering to our customers and prospects around the world. This role also offers a chance to gain hands-on exposure to real-world technical challenges.
The Software Developer Graduate will join the development team and support functions on behalf of our growing customer base. The job specification also encompasses certain operational tasks, and as such is a dynamic role that offers plenty of opportunity for on-the-job diversification. The candidate ought to be capable of quickly understanding the environment in which we operate, and should be capable of providing valuable input to our product roadmap. There is a strong software development component to this role, requiring the candidate to investigate issues and develop and deploy fixes and patches with respect existing installations. The role therefore requires a strong knowledge of Java as well as Linux scripting and SQL knowledge. The candidate may, in the future, be in direct contact with our customers so would need to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Direct involvement in improving product architecture and existing technology with a constant view to developing and improving product roadmap.
- Work on numerous project deliverables at any time, manage time allocations to meet project deadlines.
- Carry out investigation and development activities across all production deployments
- Work with the Head of Software Development in support of all customer deployments
- and projects
- Implement fixes and patches in Java and other languages as the need arises
- Troubleshoot performance issues on production deployments
- Perform deep analysis of log output and production databases as part of resolving
- issues on production systems
- Being pro-active and taking responsibility to see tasks through to completion
- Having an interest in telecoms would be an advantage
- Software Developer Graduate (immediate vacancy)
The ideal graduate will possess a range of skills and techniques, but in particular, Java and SQL coding on a Linux development environment. The candidate should be a hands-on and investigative problem solver, with an ability to work independently and as part of a team. They will have a keen interest in the technology environment and will be up to date with the latest technology developments at all times.
- A minimum of second class honours degree in computer science or software engineering
- Unix/Linux skills
- Strong Java skills
- A working knowledge of database systems. One or more of PostgreSQL, MySQL or
- Oracle would be preferred
- Experience with Tomcat/HTML/JSP, JPA Hibernate
- Experience to SVN/CVS software control
- Analytical capabilities – the ability to figure out issues without supervision with a view
- to assessing what fixes are required
- An ability to work within a team
- An ability to work under occasional time pressure
- Willingness to travel overseas if required
- Fluency in English is a must, and other languages would be an advantage.
The following would be of considerable benefit:
- Minimum one-year industrial experience in Software Engineering/Computing/IT /Creative Computing
- User Experience (UX) Design
- RESTFul API development and an understanding of Cloud software (SaaS)
- Data Visualisation
- Shell, Perl/Python scripting
- Understanding of HTTP, XML, ASN.1
- Experience with real time analytics frameworks such as spark, Angular JS or Cassandra
- Experience of C and/or C++ programming
- A fascinating and challenging job within a growing global software solutions provider
- A chance to be a core team member of a fast-growing and fun company
- A great office location in Tralee, Co. Kerry
Please send your application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org